MISSION AND VISION
Promoting Academic Excellence in a Christian Environment
To be a Christian university nationally recognized for integrating faith in learning,
leading and serving
- Learning: 2 Corinthians 10:5 We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up
against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient
- Leading: Colossians 3:17 And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name
of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.
- Serving: Ephesians 2:10 For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works,
which God prepared in advance for us to do.
- Faith Integration: Strengthen the culture of the university by making biblical faith a priority
- Academic Excellence: Assure excellence in academic programs to maximize student learning
- Student Engagement and Success: Increase student satisfaction, retention, graduation rates and employment opportunities
- Regional, National and International Reputation: Promote academic and student success regionally, nationally and internationally
- Faculty, Staff and Coaches Development: Provide for the personal and professional development of faculty, staff and coaches
- Enrollment: Grow enrollment by expanding academic programs and employing a variety of delivery
- Athletics: Improve the competitive status of CSU's Division I athletic program
- Resource Development: Generate sufficient financial resources to accomplish the university's goals and
- Financial Stewardship: Maximize the university's financial and physical resources
Matthew 28:19-20 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father,
and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever
I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world.