Job Postings and Internships
Employers and Recruiters: To post job positions on BucCareer Network for internships, part-time jobs, full-time jobs and volunteer opportunities. > Login BucCareer Network
Employer Job Posting Instructions
- First-time users, Create an Account for Employers
- Click Job and Internship Positions
- Select either Charleston Southern University Postings or Multi-
School Postings and complete the registration form.
- Your job posting will be processed within 2 business days.
Applied Learning Experience Internship Program (APPLE)
APPLE is a structured educational program that integrates academic studies with learning through hands-on work experience. The structure is designed to create a win-win experience for businesses and students. The more experience a student gains as an undergraduate, the more prepared he/she will be upon entering the work force.
The internship may be full- or part-time and may be paid or unpaid. This program is supervised by the Career Center director and a program committee. Academic credit is granted to each student successfully completing an approved experience. The internship experience requires 120 hours of supervised work in an approved business or professional work setting. The course is designed to allow the student to focus on important career topics such as organization, culture, decision-making, leadership, values and ethics in the workplace.
> Post an APPLE Position
> Internship Interview Form
> Internship Job Objectives Form
> Internship Contract
> APPLE Progress Report
> APPLE Final Performance Evaluation - OnlineForm
> APPLE Final Performance Evaluation - PDF Form
On-Campus Recruiting Guidelines
We are pleased to assist employers by providing our on-campus recruiting service. Centralized corporate recruiting is encouraged with all divisions of an organization recruiting on the same day or within the same week. Every effort should be made by the recruiting organization to avoid changes in interview date(s). However, when changes must be made, the Career Center should be notified well in advance to avoid inconvenience for job candidates and staff.
Refreshments and audio-visual equipment for information meetings are the company's
responsibility. However, we can assist you with local caterer recommendations.
Information regarding job offers and placement of Charleston Southern University students is important data we must collect. When students are hired, it is our expectation that the Career Center will receive this information. Any students meeting with or interviewing with an organization’s representative must be documented and a copy of all information collected must be submitted to the Career Center after the recruiting visit.
To facilitate this relationship, please follow these guidelines:
- Employers must complete an online On-Campus Recruitment Request form.
- If you are a new business partner, create a BucCareer Network account to receive future recruiting event invitations.
- Employers will then receive written confirmation from the Career Center.
- Requests to recruit on campus should be received by the Career Center at least five days prior to the recruitment date.
- Allow three weeks prior notice for the Career Center to adequately advertise your event.
- If you must cancel your visit, please call the Career Center at least 48 hours prior to your scheduled appointment.
- Employment Agencies must disclose to a Career Center Coordinator the organizations that they will be representing in order for a campus recruiting request to be confirmed.
For a productive recruiting visit to Charleston Southern University, please note the following:
- Check in with the Career Center upon arriving on campus.
- Prior to leaving, complete and return our employer survey.
- It is the recruiter’s responsibility to supply all displays and materials. We will arrange for a table in a high traffic area.
- Promotional materials are to be distributed from the recruiting table only. Do not post on campus walls or classroom areas.
Click here to go to the On-Campus Recruitment Request form. Fill in all required data and then SUBMIT.
Career Expos and Education Fairs
Job expos and career fairs can be critical tools for job search success – whether job-seekers use them to get internships or jobs, or whether job-seekers use them as a networking tool for future employment. Our Career Expos and Education Fairs are designed to connect you with Charleston Southern University graduates and current students to discuss employment and graduate studies.
We invite you to register to reserve a table for our upcoming events. Registration is open to businesses, nonprofits, churches, school districts and graduate schools.
Spring Career Expo and Education Fair - registration is closed at this time
April 10, 2014 from 2 - 4 p.m.
Charleston Southern University, Brewer Center
BucCareer Network Expo Registration Instructions
- First-time users, Create an Account for Employers
- Click On-Campus Recruiting Opportunities
- Select the desired tab and complete the registration form.
- Your registration will be processed within 2 business days.