- Volunteer Fair, September 5, 12pm-3pm, in WCCL 102-103
- Career Expo, October 3, 11am-2pm, in WCCL 102-103
If you have an existing account:
- Log into your BucCareer Network account
- Make sure your account is connected to CSU under "my schools," If it is not then contact
our office for assistance
- Go to "my events"
- You will see our events listed and can click "register"
- Complete the form and select payment option
If you are creating an account:
- Go to BucCareer Network
- Select New Employer
- Select Free if you do not already have an account within Purple Briefcase
- Complete information
- Once in your account go to "my schools"
- Scroll to "request a school connection code" and select yes. (To receive code please
call our office)
- Once CSU has been added go to "my events"
- You will see our events list and complete registration form
ON-CAMPUS RECRUITING GUIDELINES
We are pleased to assist recruiters by providing on-campus recruiting services. Centralized
corporate recruiting is encouraged, with all divisions of an organization recruiting
on the same day or within the same week. Every effort should be made by the recruiting
organization to avoid changes in interview date(s). When changes must be made, the
Career Center should be notified well in advance to avoid inconvenience for job candidates
and staff. Refreshments and audio-visual equipment for information meetings are the company's
responsibility; however, we will assist with local catering recommendations. Information regarding job offers and placement of Charleston Southern University students
is important data we must collect. When students are hired, it is our expectation
that the Career Center will receive this information. Any students meeting with or
interviewing with an organization's representative must be documented, and a copy
of all information collected must be submitted to the Career Center after the recruiting
To facilitate this relationship, please follow these guidelines:
- If you are a new business partner, create a BucCareer Network account, you will receive future recruiting event invitations via email
- For on campus recruiting please contact The Career Center at 843-863-8019
- We recommend allowing 3 weeks notice for the Career Center to adequately advertise your event to our students and alumni
- A message will be sent from the Career Center confirming your visit.
- If you must cancel your visit, please call the Career Center at least 48 hours prior to your scheduled appointment.
For a recruiting visit, please note the following:
- Check in with The Career Center upon arrival
- We will arrange for a table in a high traffic area; it is the recruiter's responsibility
to supply all displays and materials
- Promotional materials are to be distributed from the recruiting table only; please
do not post on campus walls or classroom areas.
POSTING POSITIONS FOR CSU STUDENTS & ALUMNI
Post job positions on BucCareer Network for internships, part-time jobs, full-time
jobs and volunteer opportunities.
- Log on to the BucCareer Network
- First-time users, create an account for employers
- Select Register or Register and Post a Job
- Post your position under Jobs, Community Service, and Internship Postings. Your posting will
be processed within 24 hours. If posted over the weekend we will process on the following
Please note that we do not approve postings from the following:
- Third party recruiters
- Employers posting internships that do not require the pursuit of a bachelor’s degree
- Employers offering full-time positions listed with a rate of pay lower than minimum
wage (internships may be compensated with a stipend)
- Employers offering internships that do not provide a learning environment supported
by supervision for their interns
- Employers using personal email address (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, etc.); employer must always
use their business email addresses
The Career Center offers structured educational internship opportunities for CSU undergraduates which integrate academic studies with learning through hands-on work experience. The internships may be full or part-time and may be paid or unpaid. This program
is managed by the Assistant Dean through the Career Center. Academic credit may be
granted to students successfully completing an approved experience. The internship experience requires supervised work in an approved business or professional
work setting. The course is designed to allow the student to focus on important career
topics such as organization, culture, decision-making, leadership, values and ethics
in the workplace.