Thank you for your interest in developing your students' job search skills! Our desires are to work with you to best meet the needs of our students with our existing resources described below.
Let Us Teach Your Class
Referring Classes or Groups to the Career Center for Assignments
Service Learning Syllabus Samples
Service Learning Guidebook for CSU Faculty
APPLE Internship Information
LET US TEACH YOUR CLASS
Would you like a career planning professional to teach a class for you or serve as a guest speaker?
We can provide a 15-30 minute overview or a full class session. Presentations are designed to meet your course objectives; topics may be selected from the list below, or we will customize topics for your specific
Select the blue box below to schedule your class presentation, or contact The Career Center at firstname.lastname@example.org.
· What Can I Do With My Major?
· Résumé Writing
· Creating a Professional Portfolio
· Assessment Presentation
· Career Services Overview
· Business Etiquette
· Dressing for Success
· Preparing for Career Fair
· Soft Skills and Transferable Skills
· Job Search Techniques
· Salary Negotiation
· Grad School Preparation
· Four-Year Roadmap for College
· Developing Interview Skills
· Service Learning Opportunities
· Applied Learning Experience (APPLE)
· Marketing Skills as a CSU Athlete
· Marketing Performing Art Experience
· Marketing Organization Experience
· Tour The Career Center
"Preparing the Future Workforce"
Thursday, October 23, 2014 ~ 1-3 p.m.
Whitfield Center for Christian Leadership, Drew Conference Center
Job expos and career fairs can be critical tools for job search success – whether job-seekers use them to get internships or jobs, or whether job-seekers use them as a networking tool for future employment. Our expos are designed to connect CSU students with local and national recruiters from a variety of businesses, organizations and graduate schools to discuss employment and graduate studies.
Our research indicates that CSU’s graduates are waiting too late to begin the job search and career development process. In order to close this gap,
we would like to extend an invitation for you and your class to attend CSU’s Fall
and Spring Career Expo.
To ensure the best opportunity for valuable interaction with recruiters, students
- Dress professionally, our Student Career Closet will be available
- Attend Prepare for Career Expo webinar, October 1st ~ 11-12
- Submit a résumé for critique on the BucCareer Network
- Review the list of participating recruiters on the BucCareer Network
- View tips for career fairs and networking with recruiters on theBucCareer Network
THE CAREER CENTER FOR ASSIGNMENTS
If you wish to refer a group of students to Career Services, whether for individual appointments or for walk-in career advising, including résumé critiques, advice on the selection of a major, or tours of resources, please call us first, at least one week in advance, to discuss preparation. Knowing the number of students expected and planning sufficient time for us to see them is important to ensure the best experience.
Thank you for partnering with Student Services!