The Career Center offers current students an internship program, Applied Learning Experience (APPLE), a structured educational program that integrates academic studies with learning through hands-on work experience. The internship may be full- or part-time and may be paid or unpaid. This program is supervised by the Career Center director and a program committee. Academic credit is granted to each student successfully completing an approved experience. The internship experience requires 120 hours of supervised work in an approved business or professional work setting. The course is designed to allow the student to focus on important career topics such as organization, culture, decision-making, leadership, values and ethics in the workplace.
- Enrollment in a CSU undergraduate program
- At least 61 credit hours, or junior status
- Minimum GPA of 2.0
- Student must have prior approval from academic advisor
- Transfer students must have at least 15 credit hours
- Register on the BucCareer Network
- Review the APPLE internship postings on the BucCareer Network for an internship that meets your academic and career needs.
- Submit an application including your placement choices.
- Once your application is reviewed, the director of the career center will register you for the class. Please be sure that you have availability in your schedule for 3 General Elective credits.
- Once you are registered, you will receive the APPLE Handbook, instructions for submitting
a resume and conducting a mock interview and links to our online orientation via email.
No student is permitted to accumulated hours until orientation process is complete.
Once you are registered, you must successfully complete the APPLE orientation workshops,
submit a job plan outline and obtain an approved contract before officially beginning
the program. > APPLE Progress Report
Benefits of the Program
Real life work experience is a vital part of career preparation. This program gives students structured experiences which integrate academic studies and interests. You have the opportunity to learn through productive work experiences in a field related to your career goal.
- acquire essential practical skills in a professional setting
- investigate full-time job leads in the future
- develop professional and personal skills
- make informed career decisions
- begin the process of networking with potential employers
- apply theories learned in the classroom to a real world setting
- ease the transition from student to professional
Please complete the below APPLE internship application.