Conduct a career counseling appointment via Skype!
Commuters, graduate students, distance learners, athletes and alumni are welcome to take advantage of this free service. Call the Career Center at 843.863.8019 to schedule an online meeting with a career counselor.
User ID: thecareercenter2
Job expos and career fairs can be critical tools for job search success – whetherjob-seekers use them to get internships or jobs, or whether job-seekers use them as a networking tool for future employment. Our twice yearly career expos are designed to connect students and grads with local and national recruiters from a variety of businesses and graduate schools to discuss employment and grad programs.
- Applied Learning Experience Program - APPLE
Junior and Senior students are encouraged to apply. This educational program integrates academics with hands-on work experience. The experience is offered in fall, spring, and summer II. Contact The Career Center.
- Identify Internships on the BucCareer Network
- Make Your Summers Count (pdf)
- National and International Internship Links
(1 credit hour) Freshman, Sophomore, Junior and Senior students are encouraged to enroll. This course is designed to help students create a professional profile, develop effective career planning skills, develop self-marketing skills through mock interviews, create a winning portfolio, learn business etiquette, learn networking skills, salary negotiation and learn effective job search skills. Final grade is calculated into student GPA. The course is offered each fall and spring semester.
- How to Choose a Major
- Steps to Choosing a Major (pdf)
- Four Year Road Map (pdf)
- What Can I Do With My CSU Major? | With Major Course Guides
- WHAT CAN I DO WITH MY MAJOR? | Careers & memberships
- Link to Career Assessments
- O*Net Online| Tool for career exploration and job analysis
- Occupational Outlook Handbook | U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
- International Career Opportunities| Job & teaching opportunities
- eBook Library | BucCareer Network Online Resources
- Transfer Students (pdf) | Career development opportunities
- New Student Resource Guide (pdf)
- Career Assessments Brochure (pdf)
BucCareer Network| Internships, part & full-time jobs - updated daily
Graduate Programs, Tips & General Information
Ferguson's Learning Express Library | Practice exams
GraduateGuide.com |Graduate and law schools
GradSchools.com | Comprehensive source of grad school information
Gradview.com | Graduate school research
Master of Health Administration | The best MHA schools
Petersons.com | Peterson’s Guide - Grad School Bound
U.S. News | Grad School information from U.S. News & World Report
Graduate & Professional Exams
GMAT| Graduate Management Admissions Test
GRE | Graduate Record Examination
LSAT | Law School Admission Test
MAT | Miller’s Analogies Test
MCAT | Medical College Admission Test
PCAT | Pharmacy College Admission Test
TOEFL | Test of English As a Foreign Language
DAT | Dental Admissions Test
Graduate Exam Fee Reduction Programs
Fee waivers may be available for college students who meet eligibility criteria. Click the links below to find out more.
- Résumé Critique|Log onto the BucCareer Network
- Professional Portfolio Guide | Résumés, Cover Letters, References
- Preparing a Ministry Résumé that Gets Attention
- Tips for Preparing a Scannable Résumé
- Marketing Your Student Organization Experience
- Marketing Your Performing Arts Experience
- Marketing Your Athletic Experience
- Mock Interviews | Log into BucCareer Network
- Comprehensive Interview Guide
- Common Interview Questions
- Questions to Ask the Interviewer
- Helpful Hints for Answering Tough Interview Questions
- Six Most Revealing Interview Questions
- Dress for Success
- Soft Skills
- NACE Salary Calculator| Provides reliable salary data for job seekers
- Salary.com| Find average salaries for various industries
- Cash Course | Financial tips for students and graduates
- PayScale | Guide to Early Career Success
- The Veteran's Professional Portfolio Packet (pdf)
- Vet-Friendly Employers (pdf)
- Transition from Military to Civilian Careers
Check your Financial Aid Award status on My CSU.If you are a full-time, undergraduate student at Charleston Southern University and have been awarded Federal Work-Study, we encourage you to apply for an off-campus position with one of our non-profit business and education partners.
1.Review the list of positions on the BucCareer Network - all enrolled students have an account, simply follow the instructions to log in or register with your personal e-mail address
2. Select at least one site which meets your scheduling needs from the list of Federal Work-Study positions under Position Type
3. Submit an application through the Student Employment website under job openings.
4. An off-campus interview will be scheduled at this appointment.
1.Complete the following student forms from the Student Employment website:
• Confidentiality Agreement
• Direct Deposit Enrollment
• I-9 Form
• 2015 W-4
2. Student Employment will call or email you. Take the above forms with you to that meeting.
3. Complete the Off-Campus FWS Student Training PDF from The Career Center website quick links menu on the right.
4. Confirm a start date with your site supervisor during the interview.
5. Confirm a start date with the Career Center after your interview (transportation is required).