Each student must officially check in at the beginning of each semester. Moving into a residence hall without going through the proper procedure will result in a $100 fine. The Residence Life Staff is unable to allow early check ins unless required by the University. Please bring your CSU student ID with you to check in.
New Students check in is Friday, August 21 from 8a.m.-1p.m. Check in location is determined by room assignment.
- Quad 1, 2, or 3 check in the Quads.
- Women’s North or South check in Littlejohn Parlor.
- Russell East or West check in the Russell Horseshoe.
If you do not have a room assignment upon arrival, please visit the Housing Office in Russell West.
Each resident will receive one room key. Residents of Russell East, Russell West, Women’s North and Women’s South will receive FOBs for hall access. The resident is responsible for his/her key and FOB and the area that they access. Any lost or stolen keys will be replaced for a $75 charge. Lost or stolen FOBs will be replaced for a $25 charge
Returning Student check in is Sunday, August 23 from 1p.m.-5p.m. Check in location is determined by room assignment.
- Quad 1, 2, or 3 check in the Quads.
- Women’s North or South, or Russell West check in Littlejohn Parlor.
Each resident will receive one room key. Residents of Russell East, Russell West, Women’s North and Women’s South will receive FOBs for hall access. The resident is responsible for his/her key and FOB and the area that they access. Any lost or stolen keys will be replaced for a $75 charge. Lost or stolen FOBs will be replaced for a $25 charge.
Classes begin on Monday, August 24.
For Questions, contact: Residence Life Office at 843-863-7190.
Tips for a Successful Move in
- Read the Student Handbook. Make sure to review items to bring and items to leave at home lists. All of the Residence Life policies and procedures are found in the Student Handbook. Residents are encouraged to contact their RA if questions or concerns arise.
- Know your room assignment and move in location.
- Be on time. Early and late check ins are unacceptable. If for any reason a resident is unable to check in on time, he/she must inform the Residence Life Office at least 48 hours in advance for arrangements to be made. Please email Residence Life at email@example.com
What to expect after moving in:
Community Meetings Each hall has at least one Resident Advisor. Residents will have a Welcome Home Community Meeting the day of, or after move ins. Please talk with your Resident Advisor for more information.
Welcome Week will be August 21-23 . Visit the Welcome Week webpage for more information.
Room Condition Form needs to be completed by all roommates a room and turned into the Resident Advisor within 24 hours after move in. Check your room to ensure there are no missing items, nothing is broken, and report anything that is not up to par within your room.
Roommate and Suitemate Agreements are filled out by every resident. Communication is the single most important factor in building good relationships. Every year, residents come to the Residence Life staff with issues, and more often than not the issues could have been resolved through a simple conversation. We recommend taking this opportunity to get to know one another and express concerns and reservations regarding sharing space. Take your time filling out these forms and use open, honest communication and listen to one another. These agreements will be completed during a meeting with your RA three weeks after move-ins.
Maintenance Requests may be submitted online. Before submitting a maintenance request, ensure you are contacting the correct department:
- Student Technology Use the Student Technology link on MyCSU under the Student Tab for issues with:MyCSU
- ID Card
- Cable TV
*For wireless needs, contact Mike Onorato 843-863-7762 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Residence Life Contact your RA or visit the housing office to report furniture or dehumidifier needs.
- Physical Plant for any needs involving carpentry, fire alarms/smoke detectors, electrical, Heating/Ventilation/Air
Conditioning, or Pest Control submit a maintenance request online using the password “gobucs”