Major Kimberly Champagne
Recruiting Flight Commander
Major Kimberly Y. Champagne is the Assistant Professor of Aerospace Studies for Detachment
772 at Charleston Southern University in Charleston, South Carolina. She is responsible
for recruiting and training highly qualified men and women with the intent of developing
them into the next generation of Air Force leaders. In addition, Major Champagne instructs
entry-level curriculum which covers Intro to the U.S. Air Force and Evolution of the
U.S. Air Force.
Major Champagne was commissioned in 2003 from the Academy of Military Science, McGee
Tyson Air National Guard Base, T.N. In her initial assignment, she worked as a Public
Affairs Officer for the Southeast Air Defense Sector. Later, she served as a Public
Affairs Officer over internal communications at Shaw AFB, S.C. She then she served
as the Chief Public Affairs Officer for the Readiness Management Group at Robins AFB,
Ga. Her next assignment she served as a Process Manager for the 315 Airlift Wing at
Joint Base Charleston, S.C. While there, Major Champagne completed an 18-month project,
with an annual savings of $1.5 million and consolidated two Unit Training Assembles
(drill weekends) into one.
- 1998 Bachelor of Science in Airway Science, Delaware State University, Dover, Del.
- 2008 Master of Science in Management, Troy University, Troy, Ala.
- 2011 Squadron Officer School, by correspondence
- April 1992 – July 1998, command and control journeyman, Delaware Air National Guard,
New Castle, Del.
- July 1998 – February 2003, information manager, Florida Air National Guard, Tyndall
Air Force Base, Fla.
- February 2003 – February 2005, public affairs officer, Florida Air National Guard,
Tyndall Air Force Base, Fla.
- February 2005 – February 2008, public affairs officer, Shaw Air Force Base, S.C.
- February 2008 – August 2009, public affairs officer, Air Combat Command, Langley Air
Force Base, Va.
- August 2009 – February 2012, chief, public affairs, Readiness Management Group, Robins
Air Force Base, Ga.
- February 2012 – May 2016, program analyst, 315 Airlift Wing, J. B. Charleston, Charleston,
- May 2016 – present, recruiting flight commander, Detachment 772, Charleston Southern
University, Charleston, S.C.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS:
- Air Reserve Forces Meritorious Service Medal with two oak leaf clusters
- Air Force Commendation Medal with one oak leaf cluster
- Army Achievement Medal
- Air Force Outstanding Unit Award with one oak leaf cluster
- National Defense Service Medal
- Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
- Air Force Expeditionary Service Ribbon with Gold Border
- Air Force Longevity Service Award with four oak leaf clusters
- Air Force Recruiter Ribbon
- Armed Forces Reserve Medal with M device
- Air Force Training Ribbon
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION:
- Second Lieutenant February 23, 2003
- First Lieutenant February 23, 2005
- Captain February 23, 2007
- Major October 1, 2013