The Financial Aid Office is comprised of a team of dedicated Christian professionals
who are committed to integrating CSU’s mission and vision by serving its students/parents
by providing financial resources to help met their educational goals.
We understand that the process of financial aid can be complex and time consuming,
so we encourage you to explore our site for more details regarding the aid available
at CSU. We are excited about your interest in continuing your education at CSU, and
want to assist you in any way possible.
Location: Hunter Center located in the front of campus
Hours: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. – Monday-Friday
Charleston Southern University is excited about your interest in continuing your education
with our university! CSU understands that funding a college education is a major investment,
and we strive to offer students a quality education at the lowest possible cost. CSU
has awardeded over $74 million dollars of financial aid including federal, state,
private and institutional aid during the 2015 academic year!
Financial aid is available for students attending college through grants, loans, work-study,
and scholarships. Making a student’s college education affordable and reachable is
the mission of the Financial Aid Office at CSU. Federal financial aid is awarded to
families based on the results of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
Fast Facts for Undergrad Students
- Students who attend CSU can apply for federal, state, institutional and endowed/funded
scholarships, as well as outside scholarships and grants.
- All students who have been accepted to CSU are evaluated for CSU merit-based scholarships.
- CSU has been selected as a Military Friendly School by Victory Media and Military
- CSU is a Yellow Ribbon participant.
- Approximately 95% of our undergraduate students received some type of financial aid
in the form of grants, scholarships and loans. You must be a full time student to
be eligible for institutional grants & scholarships (dependent students under 20 years
of age must live on campus per CSU Policy).
- Approximately 55% of all 2015-16 undergrad students received Federal Pell Grant funds.
Fast Facts for Graduate Students
- CSU offers academic internships to our graduate students
- CSU accepts commercial reimbursement
- CSU offers some graduate scholarships
Dates to Remember
- June 30: Deadline for submission of FAFSA for SC residents receiving the South Carolina Tuition Grant. Did you list CSU first
on your FAFSA to ensure receipt of the South Carolina Tuition Grant?
- June 30: CSU’s Document Deadline to ensure timely processing of financial aid for the upcoming
- August 22: Fall 2016 classes begin
- October 1, 2016 - NEW! The FAFSA for 2017/18 is available for filing. You will use 2015 Tax Information.
- January 9, 2017: Monitor your credit hours and grades needed for scholarship renewals.
- January 11, 2017: Spring classes begin.