We are so glad you are applying to Charleston Southern University! Let's make sure
that you have submitted everything that is required!
- Online application
- Official Transcripts must be received directly from the school or government agency
- Official English translations must accompany an document in a language other than
- Any transcript from a non-American school must have transcripts evaluated by a NACES member. We prefer that students choose WES or ECE.
- SAT or ACT Scores
- Scores must be sent directly from the respective testing agency. Charleston Southern
University's SAT code is 5079; ACT code is 3833
- English Proficiency
- Confirmed English proficiency is required and can be met in the following ways:
- Passport and visa documents
- A clear copy of your complete identification page of your passport is needed. The
copy should show all four sides of the document.
- If you are already in the United States, copies of your visa, I-94 with travel history,
and I-20 may be required.
- International Financial Statement
- If you will be applying for a F-1 student visa to study in the United States, you
are required to submit financial documentation to prove that you have sufficient funds
for your study.
- If you are providing your own support you must submit a bank statement showing availability
of funds for the required tuition and costs amount. Bank statements must not be older
than 120 days.
- If a parent will fund the studies at CSU, they must fill out the Statement of Financial Support and provide bank statements showing the available funds. Bank statements must not
be older than 120 days.
- If the student's studies will be supported by a private sponsor, an affidavit of support and bank statements are needed that show availability of funds for the required tuition
and costs amount. Bank statements must not be older than 120 days.
- Students transferring from another US school
- An International Student Eligibility Form must be completed by the International Student Advisor or Designated School Official.
The student must also provide copies of their current visa, I-20 and I-94 with travel
- Students planning on living on campus
- If you plan on living on campus in a dormitory room, you will be required to submit
an immunization form in order to be assigned to a room on campus. It can take some time to get all the
required immunizations so it's recommended to start as soon as possible.