Candidates for selection into the Athletic Training Education Program must meet the following criteria. Further explanation of these requirements can be found in the Undergraduate Catalog and the Charleston Southern ATEP Handbook. Application materials can be requested from the Program Director.
Prerequisites Courses Requirements
- KINE 204 - First Aid and Personal Safety*
- KINE 205 - Basic Athletic Training*
- KINE 206 - Orthopedic Taping and Bracing*
*minimum grade of B
- BIOL 226 - Human Anatomy and Physiology I with lab^
- BIOL 227 - Human Anatomy and Physiology II with lab^
^minimum grade of C
Verification of grades occurs prior to full admission to the ATEP.
Transfer students must submit transcripts for review by Program Director and the Office of the Registrar.
- Completion of ATEP Program Standards Documentation (personal verification of the ability of the student to meet the Program Standards during participation in the ATEP with no compounding risks to one’s self and/or others within the health care environment)
- 40 hours of clinical observation under the supervision of a certified athletic trainer
- Cumulative GPA of 2.5
- Proof of Personal Vaccinations (immunization record)
- Candidates will be interviewed by invitation only after completed application forms
- Interviews are conducted every spring for current CSU students
- Transfer students must interview by appointment only
- Students are notified of conditional acceptance in writing during the summer prior to beginning of the professional phase the following fall semester.
- Students are granted official acceptance by demonstrating the following:
- Meet minimum grade requirements for each pre-equisite course
- Provide proof of personal health insurance
- Provide proof of professional liability insurance
- Verification of completed drug screen*
- Verification of criminal background check*
*cost incurred by student