Kingdom Business Conference
The Whitfield Center for Christian Leadership in partnership with Call2Business invites you to join us for our third annual Kingdom Business Conference. March 18-19 in the Roseann Drew Conference Center on the campus of Charleston Southern University, students and business leaders will gather to explore how they can make a difference for the Kingdom of God through their calling to the world of business.
This year, not only will the conference feature world-class business leaders sharing their wisdom and experience through plenary sessions, breakouts and 1-on-1 mentoring, but the highlight will be our first “Lions’ Den Business Plan Competition!"
Regular Registration: $149.00
Regular Couple Registration: $249.00
Saturday Only Registration (Individual): $99.00
Student Registration: $25.00
Lions Den Only: $20.00
LIONS’ DEN BUSINESS PLAN COMPETITION
The rules are simple:
- To qualify to submit a plan, you must be a resident of South Carolina under the age of 30 or a student at a South Carolina university (either graduate or undergraduate) during the school year 2015-2016.
- You must submit a written business plan, including a budget, to the Whitfield Center for Christian Leadership before February 29, 2016. Email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Your business plan must engage, to the greatest degree possible, the concept of a quadruple bottom line:
- Profit – Financial Sustainability and Growth Potential
- Purpose – Intentional Kingdom Impact as a part of the Plan
- People – Impact on Society and Culture
- Planet – Fulfilling the “Creation Mandate” to care for our world
- The Plan must also specify how any money awarded would be used.
The process is simple, too:
- Plans submitted by February 29, 2016, will be evaluated by a panel of global business leaders
- 4-6 Plans will be selected for the LIONS’ DEN at the 3rd Annual Kingdom Business Conference on March 18-19, 2016
- Plans selected will have the option of requesting a mentor to aid in refining the plan and preparing the presentation for the LIONS’ DEN.
- On Saturday, March 19, each plan selected will be given an equal amount of time to present its concept, including how it engages with the Quadruple Bottom Line. Those presenting will then be asked questions by our global panel of experts and practitioners.
The Rewards are significant:
- All Finalists will be presenting their plans before an audience that includes people / organizations capable of investing.
- The Panel will determine which plan will receive the LIONS’ DEN Award. The actual amount of the Award will be announced on February 15, 2016.
- The winning Plan Team will be assigned a mentor to assist with next steps and to monitor use of the LIONS’ DEN Award funding.