Need Help? There are several options for research assistance, including the Ask a Librarian email service and the CSU Chat instant message service
InterLibrary Loan (ILL)
Materials which are not owned by the CSU Library may be borrowed from other libraries throughout the United States by current Charleston Southern University students, faculty, and staff. InterLibrary Loan (ILL) requests may be made using PASCAL Delivers or OCLC InterLibrary Loan and the items will be delivered to the CSU Library. In addition, CSU students may choose to visit several other libraries in the Charleston area in person to borrow materials.
For more information about what may be requested, loan periods, costs, etc., see the Questions About InterLibrary Loan.
Request a Book
Request a Journal Article
REQUEST A BOOK
- Search the CSU Online Catalog to verify that the CSU Library does not own the book you want in print or electronic form. If the book is only available at CSU in electronic format and you need to use a print version, you may request the print version through InterLibrary Loan.
- Search the PASCAL Delivers Catalog. NOTE: While searching the CSU Online Catalog, simply click on the PASCAL Delivers icon in the CSU Online Catalog and your search will automatically be performed in the PASCAL Delivers catalog.
- If the book is listed in the PASCAL Delivers Catalog, use the links within that catalog which say "Place Request" or "Request this Item"
- When asked "With which institution are you affiliated?" select Charleston Southern University from the pulldown menu.
- When asked for your library ID number, use the short version of your CSU ID number, without any leading zeroes or any extra "lost card" digits at the end. If it does not recognize your number, see the Questions About InterLibrary Loan
- If the book is NOT listed in the PASCAL Delivers Catalog, then request it using OCLC InterLibrary Loan.
- Fill out an ILL Book Request Form which you may pick up at the CSU Library Reference Desk.
- If you prefer, you may download the ILL Book Request Form as a Word document and either bring it to the Reference Desk or email the completed form as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you have identified the book you are requesting via an online database or WorldCat, you may attach a printout or a saved copy of the citation for more accuracy in requesting the exact item.
- If you use OCLC InterLibrary Loan to request a book which is available through PASCAL Delivers, the CSU ILL staff will place your request through PASCAL Delivers instead. To save time and receive your materials faster, it is always a good idea for you to search PASCAL Delivers first and place your request there if possible before submitting a request via OCLC ILL
REQUEST A JOURNAL ARTICLE
- Search the Journals by Title locator to verify that the CSU Library does not own or have access to the article in print, microform, or electronic format. Be sure to search for the name of the journal, not the title of the article. Journal articles available in any format at CSU may not be requested via ILL. The Journals by Title locator may also be accessed from the CSU Library Databases and Journals webpage.
- If the journal is not listed in the Journals by Title locator, then request the article using OCLC InterLibrary Loan
- Fill out an ILL Article Request Form which you may pick up at the CSU Library Reference Desk.
- If you prefer, you may download the Article Request Form as a Word document and either bring it to the Reference Desk or email the completed form as an attachment to email@example.com
- If you have identified the article you are requesting via an online database, you may attach a printout or a saved copy of the citation for more accuracy in requesting the exact item.
- See Questions About InterLibrary Loan (ILL)
- Contact the CSU Library Reference Desk via chat, email, or phone (843) 863-7946 for help with identifying items owned by the CSU Library and items which may be borrowed through PASCAL Delivers or OCLC InterLibrary Loan
- Contact the CSU ILL staff about items you have already requested or check your PASCAL Delivers Account online to check the status of items requested via PASCAL Delivers.
Return to Top