PASCAL is the Partnership Among South Carolina Academic Libraries, a consortium of South Carolina’s academic libraries together with their parent institutions and state agency partners.
PASCAL Delivers allows students, faculty, and staff at PASCAL member colleges and universities to request library materials from other members at no cost to the borrower.
Current CSU students, faculty, and staff may visit any PASCAL member library in person and either use materials there or check out materials directly using the PASCAL Visiting Patron program. The four other PASCAL members in the Charleston area are: The Citadel, College of Charleston, Medical University of South Carolina (MUSC), and Trident Technical College. Materials borrowed directly from a PASCAL library may be returned to the CSU Library or to the lending library.
The CSU Library Staff will contact you via CSU email when an item you have requested from PASCAL Delivers is available for pickup at the Library. Materials will be kept at the Circulation Desk on the main level of the Library until you pick them up. You may check the status of your requests on your PASCAL Delivers Account.
- Your Library ID Number for PASCAL Delivers is your CSU ID Number
- Items may be kept for six weeks
- Items may be renewed once by contacting the CSU Circulation Desk
- Items kept past the due date will be billed at the same rate as CSU items, $0.10 per day
- You may have 25 active requests in PASCAL Delivers at the same time
- Books requested via PASCAL Delivers will normally be delivered to the CSU Library within 2-4 business days
- PASCAL Delivers items will be billed at the same rate as CSU damaged or lost items
- You cannot request items from PASCAL Delivers if you have overdue materials or outstanding fines at the CSU Library