Title: SECOND BACCALAUREATE DEGREE
Date of Inception: March 28, 1985
Purpose: To provide guidelines for students seeking a second baccalaureate degree after having earned the first baccalaureate degree at CSU.
- Must submit transcripts from any other institutions where credit has been earned since
the first baccalaureate degree was earned at CSU (if applicable).
- Must complete at least thirty-six (36) additional hours to satisfy residency requirements
for a second CSU baccalaureate degree.
- Must satisfy all course requirements and residency requirements for the new major
(and minor, if applicable) for the degree sought.
- Must select a major that is not a major or cognate of a previous baccalaureate degree.
- Must select a minor (if applicable) that is not a major, cognate or minor of a previous
- Once completed, the second degree will be added to the student's transcript, along
with the new major and minor (as applicable).
Revised by action of the Faculty Senate, October 12, 1998.