Registering for classes
Students are required to be enrolled and registered for classes prior to the first day. Check the academic calendar for registration dates, deadlines and priority classification.
Most current students can register ONLINE at MyCSU during registration dates. You must have a current CSU I.D. and a pin number to register. If you do not know
your ID or PIN, you may obtain them online through MyCSU. Be aware that all students
must complete the online Registration Agreement before any registration can occur.
Log into your MyCSU account and click on Academics to complete this. Furthermore,
all undergraduate students, except for those majoring in Organizational Management,
must contact their advisors for clearance prior to registering. Your registration
period is determined by your classification. Organizational Management majors will
have their courses approved by their advisor after they register online.
Students who may not use MyCSU to register include freshman, students in the bridge program, students on academic probation and students with a hold blocking registration. If you are in one of these categories, please contact your advisor for assistance in registering.
Dropping or Adding classes
- To officially add a course, you should log into your MyCSU account. Click on Academics
and select Course Search. Add courses by placing a check in the box of the course
and click on add courses at the bottom.
- To officially drop a course, click on Academics, then click on add/drop courses, then place a check in the box of the course and click drop selected courses at the bottom.
- For students taking traditional courses, if you cannot use MyCSU to drop or add yourself, you will need to take a completed Drop/Add form to your advisor. Once approved by
your advisor, turn the form into the Registrar's Office for processing. During the summer if your advisor is unavailable email the Registrar's Office at firstname.lastname@example.org to complete your request. You must use your Bucmail account for this correspondence.
- For students taking online courses, if you cannot use MyCSU to drop or add yourself, please email your advisor for assistance. If your advisor is unavailable email the Office of the Registrar at email@example.com for assistance.
- You must use your Bucmail account to correspond with any office on campus. Please refer to the Academic Calendar for the official last date to register or add/drop classes. If you DO NOT DROP the course(s) by the last date to add/drop classes, you WILL be responsible for all tuition and fees incurred by your registration.
Withdrawing from courses (After drop/add ends)
- To officially withdraw from a traditional (on ground) course: complete a Drop/Add Request Form with signatures from the course instructor and advisor. Turn in the completed form to the Registrar's Office for processing.
- To officially withdraw from a nontraditional (online) course: log into MyCSU, click on the Student tab, click on Courses and Grades on the left, click on Go to request form to withdraw from an online class on the right and fill out the information. You will be notified by email once it is processed.
- To officially withdraw from all of your courses or the University: log into MyCSU, click on the Student tab, click on Forms on the left, click on Go to the Withdrawal form on the right and fill out the form. The Registrar's office will collect your grades and last dates of attendance, if applicable. If you officially withdraw before drop/add ends you will not be responsible for tuition and fees. All offices will be notified as needed when you officially withdraw.
Go to academic policies page for a complete listing of policies.