Frequently Asked Questions:
1. How can I submit my transcript request?
You may order your transcript on-line, fax your request form to 843-863-8023, email your request form to email@example.com, come to the Office of the Registrar with a picture ID and payment of $5.00 or mail a completed Transcript Request Form.
Do not submit your request online if you have any holds; the request will not be processed until the holds are cleared. You can view any holds and find out how to clear them through your MyCSU account.
Submitting Transcript Requests Via Fax or Mail:
Click here to download the form; fill out the form and fax or mail it to the address listed
on the form or email the form to firstname.lastname@example.org. We do not accept email requests without the form attached.
Current and former students:
Click MyCSU. Use your ID and pin number to log in (if you do not have your ID or pin number see below on how to obtain them). Once logged in, click on the Student tab*. Click "My Account Info". Click "Transcripts, Payments, ebills, eRefund, and MyPayment plan". This will open a new window. Click Make Payment at the top. Click "Transcript Purchase". Enter all information, then click "Add Item". Fill out the payment information and click "Submit".
*If you do not have a student tab, you will need to mail, fax or email your request, see above for more information.
2. How much does a transcript cost?
A copy of your transcript, whether faxed or mailed, official or unofficial, costs $5.00 per copy.
3. How can I pay for my transcript?
Mail a check or money order payable to CSU
Pay online through the Online Payment link on the top of our homepage
Pay in person at the cashier's window in the Hunter Center
4. How long does it take to process a transcript request?
Your transcript request is usually processed within 1-3 business days of receipt, and is sent through first class mail of the United States Postal Service. Please refer to their website for information regarding how long the mail takes (www.usps.com ). If you wish to expedite the shipping of your transcript, you can arrange that through the mailing source of your choice.
5. Can I view an unofficial copy of my transcript online?
You may log on to your MyCSU account to view your unofficial transcript. If you are a current student, it is located on the "Student" tab under "Course and Grades". Once you pull up that page it is the 4th item on the left side. If you are a former student or alumni, go to the "Alumni and Friends" tab, click on "Alumni Community Information" in the blue box on the right side. Once that page appears, it is the 2nd item in the middle column. However, if you have any holds on your account, you will not be able to view your transcript until those holds are cleared.
6. How do I get my CSU ID and pin number?
If you do not remember your CSU ID or pin number, you may request it through MyCSU. Click on "I forgot my CSU ID number" and/or "I forgot my PIN" and follow the instructions.
7. Is a faxed copy considered official?
The party receiving your transcript determines whether or not a faxed copy is official. Please contact them to make sure before you have your transcript faxed. If we send out a fax and the institution does not consider it official and they need a hard copy, you will have to request and pay for another copy to be mailed.
8. Can my transcript be emailed or sent electronically?
Charleston Southern University does not email transcripts or send them electronically.
9. Can I submit a form to be sent with my transcript?
Yes, when submitting your request please include any additional forms and indicate if they need to be included with your transcript.
For the transcript request policy, please click here.
For questions, please contact the Registrar's office at 843-863-7993 or email email@example.com or visit the Registrar's office in the Hunter Center.
- Processing time begins once the request form and payment is received
- Credit/debit card payments accepted online; in person or by mail accepted with cash, check or money order
- Failure to complete the request form completely may delay processing
- Allow 2 weeks for processing and delivery of transcript
- Official transcripts will not be released until all financial obligations to the university have been met
- Online ordering requires a CSU I.D. and pin number