Courses taken at an accredited college or university will transfer to Charleston Southern University under the below guidelines. Official transcripts are required for courses to be transferred. Credit will be classified as one of the following: (1) equivalent to a current CSU course; or (2) acceptable as a major/minor elective; or (3) acceptable for Liberal Arts Core, or (4) acceptable as general elective credit only.
Limitations have been set for the maximum number of transfer hours as outlined below:
- Regionally accredited junior, community and technical colleges where a student did not receive an associate's degree: 68 semester credit hours maximum, including all nontraditional credit accepted (see note below).
- Regionally accredited junior, community and technical colleges where a student did
receive an associate's degree: 89 semester credit hours maximum, including all nontraditional
- Regionally accredited senior colleges and universities: 89 semester credit hours maximum, including any credit accepted from all other sources ("1." above and all nontraditional credit accepted; see note below).
Courses that transfer from SC Technical Schools
SC Technical School Courses listed in alphabetical order.
A - B | C - E | F - M| N - Z |
Courses that transfer from Spartanburg Methodist College
Note: Nontraditional credit at CSU includes CLEP Subject Tests, DANTES Subject Standardized Tests, Advanced Placement, CSU Challenge Exams, and credit from military experience.
- AP Credit: Policy on awarding of credit for College Board Advanced Placement Examinations
- IB Policy: Policy on International Baccalaureate credits
- DANTE Policy: Policy on Defense Activity for Non-Traditional Education credits
- CLEP Exams: List of approved CLEP exams
Math Policy: All math courses are evaluated by our Math department. If you have any questions
about your math course credit, please contact the Registrar’s Office. You may be asked
to provide a syllabus of the course to the Math department. How a math course, from
the SC Technical School system, applies to a CSU major differs.
Military Credit: (30 credit hours maximum for general experience)
Must be documented by submission of any of the following:
DD-295 form, DD-214 form, Community College of
the Air Force (CCAF) transcript, Army/ACE Registry
Transcript Service (AARTS), and Field Training Reports