Expressing Spirit, Passion and Purpose
CSU Bucs vs. Florida Gators. CSU Bucs vs. Georgia Bulldogs. CSU Bucs vs. Florida State, or Clemson or Auburn.
Clearly, overachievement is not the exception at Charleston Southern University. It’s the rule. For students, parents, families, alumni, faculty and friends, it’s the source of Buc pride that never goes out of fashion.
For CSU to compete at the highest levels of NCAA Division I athletics across 16 men’s and women’s sports, something special has to be happening every day.
The inspiration to reach beyond one’s grasp, the motivation to compete against all odds, and the willingness to do more with less and achieve miraculous results all stem from the simple fact that faith integration greatly enhances our ability to develop student-athletes beyond the norm. In addition to physical conditioning and academic success, CSU coaches bring that essential third component: intentional spirituality. It is the essential difference.
The value of CSU athletics is inarguable. The demands are incredible. To compete seriously in today’s Division I athletics requires certain things… to recruit successfully, to train adequately, to perform safely and to graduate with certainty. Those things are another of the Campaign’s priorities.
They come together in a new 26,000-square-foot Athletic Complex being constructed in three phases north of the football field, along with a number of other facility and program improvements. They will enable us to remain competitive, both academically and athletically, in NCAA Division I and the Big South Conference. The expanded facilities will provide:
- The Student-Athlete Academic Success Center, with computer and study stations to benefit every athlete
- A 5,000-square-foot weight training facility
- Dedicated conference and meeting space for athletics
- New locker rooms for men’s and women’s track and football within close proximity of the track and playing field
- New locker rooms for men’s and women’s basketball
- New facilities for women’s softball
- Lighting for baseball, softball, tennis and soccer